We made this plum jam earlier in the year when plums were cheap. We used red doris plums.
- 3kg plums quartered with stones set aside.
- 2.5kg white sugar
- Quarter your plums and place inside a large pot – a preserving pot if you have one
- Add the sugar and stir through
- Place on a medium heat and stir occaissonally so the plums do not catch on the bottom
- Place the stones in a small cloth bag and place in, to add pectin to the mix
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the temperature up to high
- Keep the mixture at a rolling boil for at least 5 minutes
- Test the gelling of the jam by spooning a little onto a pre-cooled plate in the fridge
- Sterilise your jars and lids and spoon the jam in