Broccoli is such a healthy vegetable, it even tastes a bit too healthy sometimes. The pairing of the broccoli with caramalised onions and blue cheese works very well, bringing creaminess and sweetness so it still tastes healthy, but not too healthy.
- 2 large onions diced
- 1 large kumara diced (sweet potato)
- 2 medium broccoli roughly chopped
- 1 cup yellow split lentils
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper to season
- Caramalise the onions in a large pot over a medium heat
- Once the onions have softened, and have a bit of colour, add the kumara, broccoli, lentils and spices and turn through for a moment
- Cover with water and bring to the simmer
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the broccoli, kumara and lentils have softened
- Pour the mixture into a blender and puree or use a hand held wand
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Serve up with blue cheese crumbled on top.