From Jenny’s great recipe. Makes 16 balls. These are great gluten-free snacks with a bit of protein to keep you going during the day. They have a great nutty flavour.
Mix the following together in a bowl
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds a bit broken up in the seed grinder
- 1/2 cup fine dessicated coconut
- 1 cup LSA – linseed, sunflower and almond meal
- 1/2 cup sesame seed a bit broken up in the seed grinder
Separately in another bowl mix
- 3/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave syrup or maple syrup) or to taste. This amount is not too sweet but start with 1 tablespoon and decide how sweet you want it.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and combine well. If the mixture is a little too dry, add a dash of water. Form the mixture into balls and roll into more fine coconut and place the fridge to set.