We have been busing moving and do not currently have internet access at home, hence the lack of posts of late.
This soup is a real winter warmer. Leeks are in season here, and they come out so sweet when caramalised.
- Knob of butter
- 1 large leek
- 6 potatoes (I used agria)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the leeks and slowly cook in the butter until soft and starting to colour
- Wash, skin and roughly dice the potato then add to the leeks along with the herbs
- Add around 1.5L of water, place the lid slightly ajar on the pot and let it all boil for 30 minutes
- Blend the soup and season – it will need plenty of salt. If the soup is too thin then continue cooking the liquid down. If the soup is too thick add more water.