A tasty and easy dish to prepare. All the elements work well with the mustard dressing balancing the sweet leeks and oily salmon.
Alternatively you could use Dijon mustard, or a flaky white fish.
- 2 fillets of salmon with skin on
- 1 large leek
- Nob of butter
- 1 bunch of green beans
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the leek in half lengthways to make it easy to wash, then cut into crescents. Place the leeks, butter and lemon zest in a large pan together on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until coloured.
- Lightly oil another pan, turn the heat on high. Once the oil is smoking place the salmon, flesh side down on the pan and brown. Then flip the salmon onto the skin side, turn down the heat to medium and cook until how well done you like it. Season the flesh with salt and pepper.
- In a pot, place a small amount of water and the beans, and cook until the beans are bright green in colour.
- Mix the mustard with the lemon juice and olive oil and taste. Add seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of the leeks and stack of beans, topped with the dressing.