This is an easy peasy recipe that you can whip up in the microwave. Tasty, treaty and chocolately – it hits the spot!
- 1 c self raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tspn melted butter
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp instant coffee disolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla till mixture is just combined.
- Spoon batter into a large ring container or casserole dish.
- Combine brown sugar and cocoa and sprinkle it over the batter.
- Pour hot water with dissolved coffee carefully over the batter – do not mix!
- Cover with a sheet of waxed paper.
- Cook on high in microwave for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Serve with icecream or whipped cream.