These mini pavlovas make a nice alternative to making a large pavlova and are less likely to cave in. It can also be fun at a dinner party to give each person their own individual pav. Feel free to vary the topping, I prefer greek yogurt as a healthier alternative to the traditional cream topping. Toasted nuts (hazelnuts or walnuts) with honey can also be nice as can passion fruit pulp. You can also add grated chocolate or coconut to the egg whites once stiff.
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 cup granulated (caster) sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbl honey to drizzle on top
- Fresh berries to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In large bowl, slowly beat egg whites until they start to foam, increase speed on beater and beat egg whites until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar spoon by spoonful to egg whites and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and use a small amount of the mixture under each corner to hold the baking paper in place.
- Spoon mixture into the desired number of rounds with loose waves on top.
- Place in the middle of the oven and turn oven down to 150 degrees celcius. They should take around 30 to 40 minutes.
- Either leave them in the oven once cooked to cool or bring out if you want to serve warm.
- Just before serving, plate them on individual plates and top with desired topping.