A deliciously light desert that can be made in advance of a dinner party. Warning – don’t try with yogurt as it curdles when you cook it!
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup full cream milk
- 21/4 cups thick cream
- 2 vanilla pods, split lengthways
- 2 leaves gelatine
- In a heavy-based saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, cream and vanilla pods.
- Place the saucepan on a very low heat and slowly let the vanilla infuse and the cream mixture come to the boil; stir occasionally.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water.
- Once the cream has just come to the boil, remove the softened gelatine from the water and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Add the gelatine to the cream, and whisk until dissolved.
- Pour the cooked cream through a fine strainer into a jug, discard vanilla pods and divide evenly between 8 moulds.
- Allow the cream to cool slightly before covering, then refrigerate for 24 hours.