A tried and tested method given to us by Sam’s Mum. Makes two large thin crust pizza.
- 2 tbsp sure bake yeast
- 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups fine ground wholemeal flour
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- Place yeast, sugar, salt and 1 cup wholemeal and one cup white flour in a large bowl.
- Add boiling and cold water and mix into a slurry.
- Add extra flour until mixture becomes sticky and forms a slight ball.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for ½ hour until ball doubles in size.
- Split into two even portions and roll each portion out on a floured bench top to desired size.
- Heat a pizza stone in the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Place dough baking paper on stone for 5 minutes.
- Take out and put on desired topping.
- Bake for a further 15min.