- 2 fillets of snapper
- 2 brown onions, sliced into rings
- 1 small bunch of silverbeat (Swiss chard), stems cut into rings, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander (cilantro)
- 1 birds eye chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part roughly chopped
- 1 tsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- Throw the coriander, garlic, chilli and lemongrass into a food processor and whizz into a paste, then add the palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind and coconut milk and combine, taste and adjust using fish sauce to make saltier, palm sugar to sweeten or tamarind to make more sour.
- Slice the onion and silverbeat stalks into rings and put in the bottom of an oven proof dish, then lay over the fish, pour over the coconut milk mix and top with the silverbeat leaves.
- Cover the dish with a lid or tinfoil and place into an oven pre-heated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes, the fish is cooked when it flakes easily