I was searching for something to make using the ingredients I had not used during the week, when I came across this soup on Gourmet Traveller that combined almost everything that I had. The soup combination was great, you can taste each individual element, but they combine into a nice whole. We ate this with some plain scones.
- 1 large fennel bulb sliced
- 3 leeks sliced
- 1 large garlic clove sliced
- 1L vegetable stock
- 500g frozen peas
- 150g baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Cut up the leeks, fennel and garlic and cook in a large pot with some olive oil over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft but not coloured. I cut my leeks and fennel using the slicing attachment of my food processor as it is quick and makes everything the same size so cooks evenly.
- Add the vegetable stock, spinach and peas, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend smooth, taste and season with salt and pepper
- Ladle out into bowls and grate over a little Parmesan