This is a variation on my previous mushroom, lentil and quinoa burger patties using what I had at the time and to show how versatile the recipe is. The aubergine and courgette give great flavour, and I liked the difference of the yellow lentils which I normally only use in soups and dahl.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I used a mix of white, red and black)
- 1 cup cooked yellow lentils
- 1 cup of barbecued slices of aubergine and courgette, minced up in a food processor
- 1 brown onion, minced and fried in olive oil until coloured
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 free range eggs
- 4 Tbsp plain white flour
- Prep and cool all the ingredients, then combine in a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Using your hands, grab small handfuls and shape into patties, then lay on a baking paper covered tray
- Place the tray into the fridge for 10-30 minutes to help set
- Fire up the barbecue, and cook for 3 minutes each side on a hot plate until lightly charred.
- Serve on burger buns with coriander yoghurt, sliced cheese, tomato and lettuce